How To Play
Chessplus is played under standard Chess rules with one small change – players can Combine and Split their pieces. Watch now or keep reading.
The Quick Rules:
Set the Board like Chess. Apply the rules of Chess, plus these new moves, for a faster, more exciting and addictive game:
- Combine pieces using traditional Chess moves (Except the King).
- A Combined piece can move as either of it's joined pieces.
- Combined pieces can Split, simply move either piece away separately.
- Combined pieces containing a Pawn can Promote. Extra Queens included.
- If taken or Promoted the Combined piece leaves the board.
Combining is an option. Players can Combine and Split as frequently as they choose.
The combining or splitting of a piece is considered a move ie a move is a move.
Players can combine pieces form the very first move.
Move a Bishop (on the diagonal) onto a Pawn's Square and combine them, this is a move.
The Combined Bishop/Pawn can move as either a Bishop or a Pawn.
Or Split the Combined piece by moving either the Pawn or Bishop away separately.
If the Combined Bishop/Pawn reaches the other side of the board it automatically Promotes to a Queen, with the Combined piece (Bishop & Pawn) leaving the board.
If taken the Combined Bishop/Pawn leaves the board (the Bishop & Pawn).
Queen/Bishop, Queen/Knight, Queen/Rook, Queen/Pawn, Queen/Queen.
Bishop/Knight, Bishop/Rook, Bishop/Pawn, Bishop/Bishop.
Knight/Rook, Knight/Pawn, Knight/Knight.
Download The Official Chessplus Rule Book Here